Under Real Estate (Regulation and Development) Act 2016, Promoters shall have to register all commercial and residential real estate projects with TSRERA, except in projects where:
- Area of land proposed to be developed does not exceed five hundred square meters
- Number of apartments proposed to be developed does not exceed eight inclusive of all phases
- Building permissions were approved prior to 01-01-2017 by the Competent Authorities viz., UDAs / DTCP / Municipal Corporations / Municipalities / Nagar Panchayats / TSIIC as the case may be.
- For renovation or repair or re-development which does not involve marketing, advertising selling or new allotment of any apartment, plot or building, as the case may be, under the real estate project
No promoter shall advertise, market, book, sell or offer for sale, or invite persons to purchase in any manner any plot, apartment or building, as the case may be, in any real estate project or part of it, in any planning area within Telangana, without registering the real estate project with the Telangana Real Estate Regulatory Authority (TSRERA). Promoter of ongoing real estate projects, in which all buildings as per sanctioned plan have not received Completion Certificate, shall also to be required to be registered for such phase of the project which consists of buildings not having Occupancy Certificates. “Ongoing Project” means, a Project where development is going on and for which Occupancy Certificate or Completion Certificate has not been issued but excludes such Projects for which building permissions were approved prior to 01-01-2017 by the Competent Authorities viz., UDAs / DTCP / Municipal Corporations / Municipalities / Nagar Panchayats / TSIIC as the case may be.
The key facilities being provided to promoters are as follows:
- Registration of Real Estate Projects
- Quarterly update provision for each project
- Extension of Real Estate Projects
- Complaints Filing